3/30/2018

Al Purdy Poetry Night


I'm helping organize a wee fundraiser for the Al Purdy A-frame. As devoted Roll of Nickels readers know, I've long been a supporter of the project, and I was lucky enough to attend as a resident back in 2016 (hint: it was the best thing I've ever done as a writer). Now we're hoping to raise a bit of money to help make sure more British Columbians get to make the same trip.

The event, held on April 19th at Cottage Bistro in Vancouver, will be a celebration of the centenary of Al Purdy's birth. Hosted by Jean Baird, it will feature readings (of their own poetry, and Al's) by Joanne Arnott, George Bowering, Kate Braid, Kayla Czaga, Raoul Fernandes, Jane Munro, Danny Peart, Rhea Tregebov and myself.

$10 donation requested at the door, $5 for students. There will be books and memorabilia for sale. All proceeds to the A-frame Association.

If you can't attend the event, but would like to donate to the Association, you can do so here.

It will be a fun evening, and a very good thing all around. I hope to see you there!

No comments: