12/31/2012

a lazy man's silaron year in review

2012 was the Year of the Interview here at silaron, as I posted interviews with Daniela Elza (The Weight of Dew), Daniel Zomparelli (Davie Street Translations), Sandy Shreve (Villanelles), Michael Lithgow (Waking in the Treehouse), Nora Gould (I see my love more clearly from a distance) and Mark Lavorato (Wayworn Wooden Floors). If I can up my output in 2013 by at least 7,000 interviews I might just be able to keep up with rob mclennan.

I got in on the action as well, with interviews with Wordworks, Vancouver is Awesome and a U of T student.

The interviews proved to be the most popular posts I've had on this site for quite a while, but they weren't the only thing to happen here in 2012. And what better way to summarise everything else than with cold. hard. stats.

Here, then, in chronological order, are the top five most visited (non-interview) silaron posts of 2012:

March 4th, 2012: "oh yes we love bananas"

I should have known the internet would love poems about bananas. I really should have. But I must admit that I was taken by surprise at just how popular this link to Al Rempel's poem would prove.


March 10th, 2011: "here i am counting nonetheless"

In order to help promote the Dead Poets Reading Series' Irving Layton Centenary Reading, David Zieroth offered up his poem "Three" for posting on the blog. The event, much like the poem, was a great success.


March 15th, 2012: "the silence perpetuated by the dots... breathtaking"

What can I say? The guy doesn't like blueberries. At 17 he made this great short film which, since this posting, has gone on to win ten different awards, and was included in the Vancouver International Film Festival's student film lineup. I'll take... hrm... 80% of the credit.


August 13th, 2012: "(29) Photos of Summer"

A poem of mine was included in the 2011 edition of Vancouver's "Poetry in Transit" program. Just before my poem came down from the city's buses and Skytrains, I posted all the photos friends had taken of "Summer" over the previous year.


November 16th, 2012: "Reading Jack Gilbert"

My short tribute to Jack Gilbert, who died earlier that week.

Oh man here comes 2013. Happy Holidays, all!

No comments: