4/06/2012

TOSOO Photo Contest - Week 5, "The Horse Grazes"

"Grazing Shadows", © Tara Lowry

The latest batch of photos submitted for the TOSOO photo contest have been posted. Taking in the weekly post has quickly become the highlight of my week - I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself when they stop (only 3 weeks until the book club event!). I am especially fond of the trend that's developed to title the photos after pull-quotes from the poems - it makes me a little dizzy with happiness to see the work of different artists mix and mingle in that way.

The photos for this round were inspired by my short poem "The Horse Grazes", including the above photo by Tara Lowry and the below photo by David Jez:

"Endless Rope", © David Jez

This week's poem, "Advent", brings the focus back into Vancouver. It came out of a time when I worked at the Vancouver Maritime Museum and was daily taking the 22 bus from Kitsilano, through downtown and into the East Side. So it covers a good swath of the city, and hopefully will inspire some great local photos. Click here and scroll to the bottom of the page for the poem and the guidelines - submissions are due in by next Wednesday!

And as a reminder, these photo posts are leading up to the big Vancouver Book Club event at the end of the month:


All of the photos will be shown in a slideshow during the event. The book club event is free and open to everyone - you can RSVP here.

No comments: