10/25/2011

two readings with me in common

I've got two readings coming up soon, both of which I have thus far inadequately HYPED here on the blog. That ends now.

The first is the October installment of the Cross-Border Pollination Reading Series, which seeks to unite Canadian and American writers. I'll be reading with fellow Canadians Maureen Hynes and Rhea Tregebov, and we'll be joined by three Alaskan poets: Peggy Shumaker, Joan Kane and Sherry Simpson. I will attempt to read my more masculine poems to address the gender imbalance. Sorry, 90% of my book...

It should be a fantastic early-evening of poetry. Here are the details:

Cross-Border Pollination Series
Saturday, October 29th, 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
SFU Harbour Center, Room 1415
515 W. Hastings Street, Vancouver
Featuring: Rob Taylor, Maureen Hynes, Rhea Tregebov, Peggy Shumaker, Joan Kane, and Sherry Simpson
Free!
Poster:


Five days later I'll be reading at the Kranky Reading Series, along with Elee Kraljii Gardiner and Wanda John, and a (loud?) preamble by Garry Thomas Morse. The details:

Kranky Reading Series
Thursday, November 3rd, 7:00 PM
Kranky Cafe
#216 - 228 E. 4th Avenue
, Vancouver
Featuring: Rob Taylor, Elee Kraljii Gardiner and Wanda John
Free!
No Poster!

And while I'm HYPING events, remember that People's Co-op Bookstore will host the launch of the anthology The Bright Well: Contemporary Canadian Poems about Facing Cancer this Wednesday. My post on that launch, including all the event details, can be read here.

I hope to see you at any (or, dare I say, all?) of these events!

No comments: