5/15/2011

was that real life?

Thanks to everyone who came out to the launch for making it such a wonderful night. I wouldn't believe it really happened if not for the photos - which are, you know, photos of a poetry book launch, so don't expect much. Now that you've been warned, here are a few:

Jasper Sloan Yip and his band kicked things off...


then picked up the pace.

Next, Aislinn Hunter nuzzled the microphone...

and I did my best wistful poet impression...

inducing a buying frenzy at the sales table.

Thank you to everyone for coming!
Montreal, you're up next. See you on Monday!

3 comments:

daniela elza said...

It was a lovely night. The place was bursting at the seams. And Rob you were great. So was Aislinn. And the musicians too.
I think there is something beautiful about an elder poet (an I mean that in the best sense, not of age but of poetry/wisdom) to introduce a younger poet.

Well, done. Now take this energy to Montreal.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it went really well, I am totally punching myself for not making it (The Cross-Border reading went late and I thought I would miss you even if I tried going there after) Anyway, you'll have to have another Vancouver reading soon. Hope the Montreal one goes swimmingly. Enjoy yourself!

Rob Taylor said...

Thanks, Daniela and Raoul!

Raoul, I carefully worked out the schedule for you... was your hovercraft in the shop or something?