4/24/2011

five!

OCW Magazine is celebrating its fifth birthday on Tuesday, April 26th with "FIVE", a PechaKucha-style series of five-minute talks on writing and art and who-knows-what-else. I'm honoured to have been asked to be one of the presenters.

Presenting with me will be, among many others, Barbara Adler, Cathleen With, Kevin Spenst, TJ "dear-god-don't-make-me-follow-him" Dawe, and Robert Fougere, who I don't really know, but whose website just gave me a seizure.

In keeping with the theme of magazine anniversaries, I'm going to be talking about the founding of One Ghana, One Voice, which just recently turned four. Spoiler alert: it involves a high-speed car ride and inter-species screaming.

If that isn't enough to entice you, I may have prepared some of my slides using MS Paint. Oh yes.

The event is $10, and tickets can be bought here. Each ticket includes a free subscription to OCW.

Here are the details:

"Five", OCW Magazine's Fifth Birthday Party
Tuesday, April 26th, 7:00 - 11:00 PM
The Waldorf Hotel, Cabaret Room
1489 East Hastings St, Vancouver
$10 (includes a free subscription)
Poster:

I hope to see you there!

No comments: