2/02/2011

"the other side of ourselves" update

My book has a cover, people!!!


And a page on the Cormorant Books website!

The book had a previous cover which was up on the Cormorant site for a while, but you can forever erase that cover from your mind. You can still see it on the Chapters pre-order page if you're feeling nostalgic. Speaking of which, you can also pre-order the book on Amazon.ca (or Amazon.com, you poor, no-discount international readers).

That said, if you're gung-ho about pre-ordering a copy (and who doesn't love paying for things months before receiving them?), I encourage you to place an order with your local independent bookstore (remember those?). In Vancouver, for instance, I recommend these (and this if you get lost and wander on to the SeaBus).

That's all for now. I fear that if I continue talking about the book I will spark a global exclamation mark shortage. In summary, then:

!

5 comments:

daniela elza said...

Yay, again.
The cover looks fine.
Did you know it says: edited by Rob Taylor on the Cormorant website? Hmmm...

Rob Taylor said...

Ha - no credit for Robyn!

I think they duplicated the template from the "Undercurrents" anthology for all the poetry books, and missed making that change.

Or maybe it's my move to get a bigger share of the massive profits the book will generate - like an actor negotiating a producer credit...

mtaylor said...

Awesome cover!!

daniela elza said...

Ok, I saw the other cover. I like this one a loooooot better. You know I would, it has water and mist and trees...

The other one does not seem well balanced and I still cannot make out what it is doing. Too many fingers in strange configurations and collaborations.

Keeping my fingers crossed for smooth sailing from here.

Rob Taylor said...

Thank you, Daniela and mystery person with an excellent surname!